Manulife Financial (MFC) Appoints May Tan to its Board
- Wall Street rallies, capping frenetic week with best day of the year
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Soars on Another Robust Quarter Fueled by Monster iPhone and Services Numbers, Analysts Raise PTs
- BofA Raises Inflation Forecasts for 2022, Expects Fed to Hike 7 Times in 2022
- Netflix (NFLX) CEO Hastings Buys ~$20 Million in Stock Following Sell-Off, Ackman's Big Bet
- Oil hits 7-year peak on political risks, supply crunch
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Manulife (NYSE: MFC) today announced that May Tan has been appointed to its Board of Directors, effective December 1, 2021.
Ms. Tan is a senior financial services executive who has held a number of senior roles at Standard Chartered Bank, including the position of Chief Executive Officer, Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong). She has over 30 years of deep financial experience in corporate finance, banking, and capital markets in Asia. She holds the Fellow Chartered Accountant designation from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and the Certified Public Accountant (Fellow) designation from the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants and received a B.A. in Economics and Accounting from the University of Sheffield.
"May's extensive leadership experience in financial services and her deep knowledge of the industry in Asia will be extremely valuable in supporting the effective oversight of Manulife's strategy and operations, including our growth ambitions in Asia" said John Cassaday, Chair of the Board of Directors, Manulife. "We are delighted to welcome her to our Board".
Ms. Tan joins the Manulife Board's Management Resources & Compensation Committee and Risk Committee.
Visit Manulife.com for more information on the Company's Board of Directors and Corporate Governance.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NeuroBo Pharmaceuticals (NRBO) Appoints D. Gordon Strickland to its Board
- Berkshire Hathaway says it has added 12,000 jobs
- Union Pacific Railroad (UNP) Makes Largest Investment in Wabtec's (WAB) FLXdrive Battery-Electric Locomotive
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!