Macrogenics (MGNX) Announces Federica O'Brien to Board
- S&P 500 muted after strong inflation data
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil prices rise after robust China data, Middle East tension
- Bitcoin (BTC) Price Soars 5% to Fresh Record Highs Ahead of Coinbase IPO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
MacroGenics, Inc. (NASDAQ: MGNX), a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative monoclonal antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, today announced the appointment of Federica “Freddi” O’Brien, President of CFO’Brien Consulting, LLC, to its Board of Directors.
Federica O’Brien is a veteran executive with 25 years of financial and operational leadership in biopharmaceutical, medical device, and technology companies and currently serves on the Board of Directors of TELA Bio, Inc. where she also chairs the Audit Committee. Ms. O’Brien will be joining MacroGenics’ Audit Committee.
"We are delighted to welcome Ms. O’Brien to the Board. She is a highly experienced financial and strategic leader in our industry and will prove invaluable to our team," said Scott Koenig, M.D., Ph.D., President and CEO of MacroGenics. "We will benefit from Freddi’s deep expertise and guidance as we prepare for the launch of our first product and continue to advance our potential treatment options for patients with cancer."
Ms. O’Brien has held a variety of senior roles, including Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Controller and Director of Financial Reporting, at companies ranging from nonclinical through commercial stage. These companies have included Complexa Inc., Cerecor Inc., Cervilenz Inc., Cardiokine Inc., Barrier Therapeutics, Inc. and Infonautics, Inc.
Before specializing in life sciences and technology, Ms. O’Brien spent over a decade in professional service accounting firms, most recently at Coopers & Lybrand (PricewaterhouseCoopers), where she was focused on high growth companies in multiple industries. Ms. O’Brien received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from Rutgers University and is a Certified Public Accountant-Inactive, retired after thirty-eight years.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AdaptHealth (AHCO) has placed Luke McGee on unpaid leave from his roles as Co-CEO and Director
- IM Cannabis Corp (IMCC) Announces Adjupharm Signs Supply Agreement with MediPharm Labs, Paving Way for IM Cannabis-Branded Extracts Launch in German Market
- Precision BioSciences (DTIL) Announces Stanley R. Frankel, M.D. to Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!