Lyell Immunopharma (LYEL) Announces Rick Klausner Returns as Board Chair
- Wall Street drops as bargain-hunting loses steam
- Netflix (NFLX) Stock Tanks 19% on Paid Net Additions Miss & Lower Guidance
- Peloton (PTON) Warns for Q2 But Stock Rallies After-Hours as Worst Case Avoided
- Morgan Stanley Sees Apple (AAPL) Beating December Quarter Views But Says Upside Largely Priced In
- Ford (F) Stock Extends Losses in Pre Market as Jefferies Downgrades to Hold, Analyst Says Stock is 'Missing a New Angle'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Lyell Immunopharma, Inc. (Lyell), (Nasdaq: LYEL), a T cell reprogramming company dedicated to the mastery of T cells to cure patients with solid tumors, today announced that Dr. Rick Klausner is resuming his role as Chair of Lyell’s Board of Directors following the end of a temporary medical leave which was disclosed by the Company on September 30, 2021.
“First and foremost, we are thankful that Rick is in great health, and we are excited to have him resume his active engagement with Lyell,” said Liz Homans, Chief Executive Officer of Lyell. “In addition to his role as Chair of Lyell’s Board of Directors, we will also continue to benefit from Rick’s scientific guidance through his continued engagement with our scientists and leadership team.”
“Lyell and our mission of developing curative cell therapies for solid tumors represents the culmination of a long personal journey that inspires and motivates me, and I’m delighted to resume my role as Chair of the Board as the Company is advancing multiple programs into clinical trials,” said Rick Klausner, MD, Chair of Lyell’s Board of Directors. “On behalf of the entire Board I want to thank Cathy Friedman for her leadership of the Board during the past two months.”
About Lyell Immunopharma, Inc.
Lyell is a T cell reprogramming company dedicated to the mastery of T cells to cure patients with solid tumors. The Company focuses on addressing what it believes are the primary barriers that limit consistent, reliable, and curative responses to adoptive T cell therapy: T cell exhaustion and lack of durable stemness, which includes proliferative capacity, ability to self-renew and ability to differentiate and eliminate solid tumors. Lyell is applying its proprietary ex vivo genetic and epigenetic reprogramming technology platforms, Gen-R and Epi-R, to address these barriers in order to develop new medicines with improved, durable, and potentially curative clinical outcomes. Lyell is based in South San Francisco, California and Seattle and Bothell, Washington. To learn more, please visit www.lyell.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Smith-Midland Corporation (SMID) Board of Directors Appoints Ashley B. Smith to Serve as Chairman
- Kura Oncology (KURA) Authorized by FDA to Proceed with Phase 1b Study of KO-539
- Hims & Hers Health (HIMS) Appoints New CFO; Elevates Dr. Patrick Carroll to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!