Impinj (PI) Announces Steve Sanghi Joins Board of Directors
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Impinj, Inc. (NASDAQ: PI), a leading RAIN RFID provider and Internet of Things pioneer, today announced that Steve Sanghi has joined its board of directors.
“Steve brings a wealth of knowledge as a long-term CEO and chairman of Microchip Technology, Inc., and I’m thrilled he is joining our board,” said Impinj Board Chair Peter van Oppen.
“Having served with him previously on another public-company board, I know the depth of experience Steve brings in terms of strategy, operations, and leadership,” said fellow Impinj Board Member Umesh Padval.
“Impinj has an outstanding opportunity as an Internet of Things pioneer and to grow its business profitably,” Sanghi commented. “That opportunity, a great management team, and a winning culture are what attracted me to the company. I am excited to join Impinj’s board and look forward to contributing to its success.”
Sanghi was named Executive Chairman of Microchip Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHP), a leading provider of smart, connected, and secure embedded control solutions, in March 2021 after serving as Microchip’s CEO from 1990 in one of the longest CEO tenures in the semiconductor industry. He was its Chairman since 1993. Under Sanghi’s leadership, Microchip revenue grew to over $5 billion and a market value of approximately $40 billion. Before Microchip, Sanghi held management positions at Waferscale and Intel. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications from Punjab University and a Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Massachusetts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AAR Corp. (AIR) Reports Election of Ellen M. Lord to Board
- GM (GM) and LG Energy Solution Investing $2.3 Billion in 2nd Ultium Cells Manufacturing Plant in U.S.
- Citizens Financial Group (CFG) Tops Q1 EPS by 44c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!