Illumina (ILMN) board chair voted out, CEO survives vote
- Wall Street rises on hopes of Fed pausing hikes, debt ceiling deal cheer
- Lululemon Athletica tops Q1 results as growth in China accelerates
- Broadcom reports Q2 beat, guides higher
- Zscaler guidance tops estimates after Q3 results beat
- Dell Q1 results top estimates, but weaker PC demand drags on growth
Get Alerts ILMN Hot Sheet
Overall Analyst Rating:
NEUTRAL (= Flat)
Revenue Growth %: +0.9%
Join SI Premium – FREE
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
On Thursday, Carl Icahn, an activist investor, gained sufficient support from Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN) shareholders to oust the biotech firm's board chairman John Thompson.
However, two of Icahn's other board nominees, Vincent Intrieri and Jesse Lynn, were not elected after failing to secure enough votes.
According to reports, an Illumina spokesperson stated that a new chair will be chosen in the next few weeks.
Icahn had advised shareholders to vote off Thompson as well as Illumina's CEO Francis deSouza from the board, but DeSouza survived the vote.
In addition, it was revealed that shareholders voted for one of Icahn's three board nominees to be installed. Andrew Teno won enough support to join Illumina's board.
Illumina shares have plunged more than 10% Thursday, trading above the $190 mark. At the close of play on Wednesday, it traded above $212.
By Sam Boughedda
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Illumina (ILMN) unveils AI software to predict disease-causing genetic mutations in patients
- Li Auto (LI) delivers over 28,000 vehicles in May, expects strong sales momentum
- Bank of America CEO sees investment banking and trading staying flat in Q2
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, General News, Hot List
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!