Humana (HUM) Reports Election of Marcy S. Klevorn and Jorge S. Mesquita to Board
- Futures slip as focus shifts to earnings from tech-related firms
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Tesla's (TSLA) Musk says data logs from crashed vehicle show Autopilot was not enabled, car did not purchase FSD
- Oil hits $68 on Libya force majeure despite pandemic surge
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) announced today that Marcy S. Klevorn and Jorge S. Mesquita have been elected as members of the company’s board of directors.
Marcy S. Klevorn was formerly the Chief Transformation Officer of Ford Motor Company from May 2019 until her retirement in October 2019, where she accelerated Ford’s transformation efforts by helping to refine its corporate governance systems, facilitate faster adoption of agile teams across the business and ensure process improvements across the enterprise. Klevorn’s 36-year career with Ford spanned a variety of executive and leadership roles including Chief Information Officer and Executive Vice President and President of Ford Smart Mobility LLC, where she oversaw the transformation of Ford’s IT tools and talent, and helped accelerate Ford’s mobility services and global data insight and analytics.
Jorge S. Mesquita was formerly the Executive Vice President, Worldwide Chairman, Consumer of Johnson & Johnson (J&J) from December 2014 until February 2019, where he was responsible for increasing the competitiveness of J&J’s consumer business through a comprehensive transformational strategy. In this role, Mesquita served on J&J’s Executive Committee and led the Consumer Group Operating Committee. Prior to that, Mesquita spent 29 years with the Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), where he held various roles leading P&G consumer-product business units, capped by his role as Group President, New Business Creation and Innovation.
“Both of these strategic appointments will contribute to the strength of Humana’s Board by bringing unique perspective, many years of highly relevant experience, and critical expertise as the enterprise continues to enhance its technology, analytics and consumer capabilities to streamline, simplify and personalize the health care experience,” said Humana Chairman of the Board Kurt J. Hilzinger.
“Marcy’s deep understanding of digital innovation and systems infrastructure and transformation, combined with her proven ability to connect systems to strategy execution, brings valuable insights to the Board as we continue to enhance technology-driven platforms for members and providers,” Hilzinger continued. “And Jorge’s forward-thinking mindset and strong track record of developing consumer insight-driven innovation capabilities to build and market global consumer brands will be essential as Humana continues to create seamless consumer experiences and help its members achieve their best health.”
The elections bring the number of Humana directors to 14.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Simmons First National Corp (SFNC) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) and CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) Amend Collaboration for Development, Manufacturing and Commercialization of CTX001 in Sickle Cell Disease and Beta Thalassemia
- Philip Morris International (PM) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c, Revenues Beat; Raises FY21 EPS Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!