First American Financial (FAF) Appoints Marsha A. Spence to Board of Directors
- Wall St posts third straight quarterly loss as inflation weighs, recession looms
- Intel's Autonomous Unit Mobileye Files U.S. IPO, Defying Weak Market Conditions
- Nike (NKE) Drops 9% as Inventory Surges 44%, Analysts See Attractive Valuation
- Hollywood Super Agent Attempts to Open Door for Twitter-Musk Settlement - Bloomberg
- Dollar up on euro as quarter ends, commodity led currencies sink
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a premier provider of title, settlement and risk solutions for real estate transactions and the leader in the digital transformation of its industry, announced today that Marsha A. Spence has been appointed to the company’s board of directors.
Over the course of her distinguished 45-year career in title and settlement, Spence’s skillful leadership has consistently produced high-performing teams and profitable growth at Mother Lode Holding Company, a California-based provider of title insurance, underwriting and escrow services for residential and commercial real estate transactions known for its strong employee-centric culture. Spence has played a key role in driving Mother Lode Holding Company’s substantial growth, expanding its number of offices from 35 when she was named CEO in 2001 to 92 offices across multiple states today.
“I’m very pleased to welcome Marsha to First American’s board,” said Dennis J. Gilmore, chairman of First American Financial Corporation. “Her deep industry knowledge and experience leading a highly successful, forward-looking title business will further augment our strong board, providing valuable insight as the company leads the digital transformation of the title and settlement industry.”
Spence currently serves as chairman of the board of Mother Lode Holding Company. Spence previously held the combined role of chairman and chief executive officer at Mother Lode for 15 years, after ascending to the roles of chief executive officer in 2001 and president in 1997. She joined Placer Title Company, which is now Mother Lode’s principal subsidiary, in 1977. First American acquired Mother Lode and its 17 operating subsidiaries on May 2. Spence also served on the California Land Title Association Board of Governors for 10 years and was president of the board from 2005-2006.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walt Disney (DIS) Appoints Carolyn Everson to Its Board
- Navidea Biopharma (NAVB) Appoints Joshua Wilson to the Board of Directors; Announces Dates Related to its 2022 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
- AM Best Affirms Credit Ratings of First American Title Insurance Group Members and First American Financial Corporation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!