Antares Pharma (ATRS) Appoints Carmen Volkart to its Board
- Wall Street rebounds after virus-related sell-off
- Here's What Analysts are Saying as Twitter (TWTR) Stock Erases Earlier Gains
- Moderna (MRNA) Stock Up 10% as WHO Says Omicron Covid Variant Poses 'Very High' Global RIsk
- 2 Reasons Why Citi Downgraded Merck (MRK) to Neutral Today, Opened a Negative Catalyst Watch
- Why EV Li Auto (LI) Stock Is Up 8% Today
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Antares Pharma, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATRS), a specialty pharmaceutical company, today announced the appointment of Carmen Volkart to its Board of Directors. Ms. Volkart will also serve as a Member of the Audit Committee. Ms. Volkart is a seasoned medical device executive with extensive finance and operations experience at publicly traded and private companies.
Since 2018, she has served as the Chief Financial Officer of NatureWorks, LLC. Prior to that, she was the Chief Financial Officer at NxThera, Inc. From 2002 to 2012, she also served as the Chief Financial Officer of Tornier, NV, Spine Wave, Inc. and American Medical Systems, Inc. Additionally, she was Vice President/GM of Musculoskeletal Tissue Services at Medtronic, Inc. and started her career at Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. Ms. Volkart has public company board experience, which includes the Memry Corporation, SonoSite, Inc. and Modular Medical, Inc. She is a Certified Public Accountant and received her B.S. in Accounting from the University of North Dakota and MBA from the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management.
Leonard S. Jacob, M.D., Ph.D., Chairman of the Board of Antares Pharma, commented, “We are delighted to welcome another experienced healthcare executive to the Board of Directors. With her extensive background in growing healthcare companies, we believe Ms. Volkart’s contributions will prove beneficial across our organization. We look forward to leveraging her successful career as we continue to execute on our growth initiatives.”
Ms. Volkart commented, “I am delighted to join the Board of Directors at Antares Pharma and support their efforts as they continue to enhance their proprietary portfolio and partner business. I believe my healthcare experiences will support the overall growth strategy of the company. I appreciate the opportunity to join Antares at this juncture.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mondelez (MDLZ) Appoints Ertharin Cousin to its Board
- Outset Medical Inc's (OM) Tablo Hemodialysis System Cartridge Granted FDA 510(k) Clearance for Production in North America
- Cumberland Pharmaceuticals (CPIX) Announces Caldolor Now FDA Approved For Pre-Operative Administration
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!