Alleghany (Y) Appoints Chris H. Cheesman to its Board
- Wall St ends up with Goldman; Dow posts biggest weekly rise since June
- Goldman Sachs (GS) Smashes Analyst 3Q Views on Robust M&A and Underwriting Activity
- Tesla (TSLA) Stock: Jefferies Raises Price Target on Higher Capacity Ramp and Sustained Demand, Berlin Giga Will Set New Design and Assembly Standards Says Analyst
- Food, fuels lift U.S. import prices in September
- SEC to Allow First Ever Bitcoin (BTC) ETF - Report
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y) today announced that its Board of Directors has elected Chris H. Cheesman as a new independent director, increasing the size of the Board from eight to nine directors.
Ms. Cheesman is a member of the Board of Directors of American Century Investments' suite of equity mutual funds. She is an accomplished senior executive with more than 30 years of experience in the global investment management industry and previously served as Senior Vice President & Chief Audit Executive at AllianceBernstein. Ms. Cheesman started her career at Price Waterhouse (now PricewaterhouseCoopers). She holds a B.A. from Hofstra University and is a Certified Public Accountant and Certified Financial Services Auditor.
"Chris is a terrific addition to the Board of Directors and the Alleghany family," said Jefferson W. Kirby, Chairman of Alleghany Corporation. "She brings extensive expertise in corporate governance, audit, risk management, and regulatory compliance, and we look forward to benefiting from her knowledge and leadership."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Hertz Global Holdings (HTZZ) Files Up to $100M Share Offering by Selling Stockholders; Intends to Uplist to Nasdaq Under Ticker "HTZ"
- Gritstone Oncology Inc. (GRTS) Files For Up to 5M Share Offering by Selling Stockholders
- Avadel Pharma (AVDL) Announces the FDA Review of NDA for FT218 for Patients with Narcolepsy is Still Ongoing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!