Achieve Life Sciences (ACHV) Adds Dr. Bridget Martell and Dr. Cindy Jacobs to Board
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Achieve Life Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACHV) is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Bridget Martell and Dr. Cindy Jacobs to the company's Board of Directors, effective immediately.
"We are excited to welcome Dr. Martell and Dr. Jacobs to the board", commented Rick Stewart, Achieve's Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors. "Dr. Martell's clinical development experience compliments that of Dr. Jacobs, providing the company with depth of knowledge, particularly in the field of addiction, which is critically important for our continued success."
Dr. Martell brings an impressive and diverse background of scientific, clinical, and leadership experience to the team. She is board certified in both Internal and Addiction Medicine, served over 20 years as a practicing physician at Yale, and remains active there as an Entrepreneur in Residence at the Office of Cooperative Research. She has been a pivotal leader in the development and success of numerous marketed products across multiple therapeutic categories and has held leadership and executive roles at Pfizer, Kura Oncology, and Juniper Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Martell holds a B.Sc. in Microbiology from Cornell University, an M.A. in Molecular Immunology from Boston University, and an M.D. from The Chicago Medical School.
Dr. Jacobs currently serves as Achieve's President and Chief Medical Officer. In addition to her board appointment, she will continue in this role leading the regulatory and clinical development efforts for cytisinicline. Dr. Jacobs brings over 30 years of experience in the industry, leading multiple development programs and product regulatory approvals. She has previously held leadership and executive roles at OncoGenex, Corixa, and Immunex. Dr. Jacobs received her Bachelor's in Microbiology from Montana State University, her Master's and Ph.D. in Veterinary Pathology/Microbiology from Washington State University, and an M.D. from the University of Washington Medical School.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genmab A/S (GMAB) and Seagen (SGEN) Announce U.S. FDA Filing Acceptance for Priority Review of Tisotumab Vedotin BLA for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Cervical Cancer
- Surface Oncology (SURF) Presents Promising Preclinical Data for Lead Immunotherapy Product Candidates at AACR
- Blucora Inc. (BCOR) Announces Glass Lewis Recommends Stockholders Vote on the BLUE Proxy Card “FOR” All Blucora Director Nominees
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesBoard Changes, Corporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!