Vista Outdoor (VSTO) PT Raised to $29 at Cowen on Ammunition Demand
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Cowen analyst Gautam Khanna raised the price target on Vista Outdoor (NYSE: VSTO) to $29.00 (from $27.00) on the belief that the civil ammo demand surge will persist for longer than investors fear for several reasons:
1) Biden's win may sustain fear of restrictive firearm regulation (forcontext, ammo demand surges lasted for 6 months following Obama's elections)
2) cultural "Armageddon" mentality given COVID-19/civil unrest
3) a rise in new shooters
4) ammo supply shortages, which tend to stimulate demand
The analyst reiterated an Outperform rating, stating "VSTO's 9/30 ammo backlog= $1B (ex Remington), about a full year of organic demand, but admittedly, the backlog may include speculative orders (i.e. "double" orders made to VSTO & competitors) that may disappear if supply catches up. Mgmt asserts that it will take many months to ramp Remington's capacity (and VSTO has been at 24/7 ammo production since March), so a supply surge is unlikely for >2 Qs".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vista Outdoor (VSTO) PT Raised to $55 at Wedbush
- Kweichow Moutai Co Ltd (600519:CH) PT Lowered to RMB2,105 at Macquarie
- Mineral Resources Limited (MIN:AU) (MALRF) PT Raised to AUD49.70 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Barack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!