Beyond Meat Inc. (BYND) PT Raised to $83 at Jefferies Ahead of Earnings
- S&P 500 edges down on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil falls over 3% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst Rob Dickerson raised the price target on Beyond Meat Inc. (NASDAQ: BYND) to $83.00 (from $72.00) ahead of earnings on 5/5, noting that the company is gaining category share, but at-home competition on the rise.
The analyst maintained a Hold rating, stating "Our analysis shows that BYND continued to take tracked-channel category share during the Mar/Apr at-home buying period. It also shows, however, that most branded players saw a similar lift in growth relative to the Jan/Feb period (approximately 40%) and that Morningstar Farms (Kellogg) and brands collectively outside of the top three (when combining both refrigerated & frozen products) contributed more to incremental category dollars during Mar/Apr than they have done so historically. While this trend may not be of real concern for a
refrigerated category leader such as Beyond Meat, we do think it worthy of ongoing attention, as consumers could in fact trial more alternative protein products/brands if there’s a reduction in animal protein supply, as we referenced in our note yesterday".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ArcBest Corp (ARCB) PT Lowered to $69 at Goldman Sachs, Following Earnings
- Ameresco (AMRC) Tops Q2 EPS by 8c
- Columbia Sportswear (COLM) Tops Q2 EPS by 69c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, Morningstar, Inc., Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!