trivago N.V. (TRVG) Weakness Offers Insight into Upcoming Earnings Commentary (BKNG, EXPE & TRIP)
- Wall Street closes mixed, S&P 500 ends off record high
- Private Sector Employment Increased by 330,000 Jobs in July, Missing Expectations
- General Motors (GM) Misses on Profit Estimates as Bolt EV Recall Weighs on Earnings, Challenging Chip Situation and 'Cautious' Profit Outlook Pulling Shares Lower Says Analyst
- U.S. services sector index races to record high in July -ISM survey
- Softbank-Backed Zymergen (ZY) Crashes Over 70% as CEO Departs, Product Revenue Not Possible in 2021 and 'Immaterial' in 2022, At Least 6 Firms Downgrade
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BTIG analyst Jake Fuller reiterated a Neutral rating on trivago N.V. (NASDAQ: TRVG) noting that the company's earnings commentary confirms fears that the 4Q travel outlook has weakened, particularly in Europe. He noted 3 key derivative takeaways for the OTAs:
1) We now expect 4Q revenue for TRVG to be down comparably to 3Q (European declines widening, U.S. stable) and we have TRVG shifting back to an EBITDA loss in a seasonally small quarter
2) Efforts to ramp in alternative accommodations and build out sponsored/display revenue streams are encouraging, but not enough to tilt our preference away from the OTAs as the better recovery play
Shares of trivago N.V. closed at $1.26 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Paycom Software (PAYC) PT Raised to $500 at Jefferies After Growth Returns to 30%
- Globus Medical (GMED) Tops Q2 EPS by 12c
- Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) PT Raised to $99 at Jefferies as Pent Up Demand Leads to Record Ticket Sales
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesEarnings, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!