Beyond Meat Inc. (BYND) PT Raised to $118 but Jefferies Maintains Hold Rating
- S&P 500 closes at record high as Apple, healthcare stocks help shrug off Delta worries
- Tencent (TCEHY) Falls Sharply as State Media Describes Online Games as ‘Spiritual Opium’, Company Vows to Improve
- Oil settles lower in volatile trade on worries about Delta variant
- Clorox (CLX) Falls Sharply as COVID-19 Demand Wanes
- Dollar steadies as markets weigh economic risks, central bank moves
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst Rob Dickerson raised the price target on Beyond Meat Inc. (NASDAQ: BYND) to $118.00 (from $95.00) after the company did an impressive job of redirecting its excess restaurant-bound supply to retail outlets. The company did this globally and efficiently enough to hold onto its profit margins better than many had feared and point to ongoing international upside.
The analyst maintained a Hold rating due to valuation stating "BYND’s revenue growth potential in the near term, brand equity within alternative plant-based protein, and its overall ESG positioning collectively support a heightened valuation, in our view. We value the shares at 9x the average of our 2021/2022 revenue forecast vs. current market valuation of 9.5x. BYND trades on an EV/sales basis fairly in line with FRPT, but at a material premium to MNST, NFLX, TSLA, and MKC, all either higher-growth food & beverage companies or sector-specific disruptors. Our current $118 PT does suggest downside in the stock, but merely off a valuation".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Neurocrine Bio. (NBIX) PT Raised to $138 at Stifel; Nice Ingrezza Beat and Better TRx Commentary
- Volvo AB (VOLVB:SS) (VLVLY) PT Lowered to SEK278 at Goldman Sachs, Estimate Revision Following Earnings
- Boeing (BA) Has Work To Do, Turnaround Not Until 2022 - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!