Wrong Time to Sell Tesla (TSLA), Baird's Kallo Says; Use Downgrades to Accumulate
- S&P, Nasdaq enjoy boost from big tech firms, Dow ends a hair lower
- Zillow (ZG) Stock Falls on Report Company Paused Home Purchases due to High Demand, a Temporary Halt Yields a Chance for Competitors Says Analyst
- Oil prices pull back as U.S. factory data intensifies demand concerns
- Chip Shortages are Increasingly Becoming a New Bearish Risk, Inflation Bearish for Consumer Electronics - TFI's Kuo
- Walt Disney (DIS) Stock Slips as Barclays Downgrades Amid Disney+ Growth Slowdown
Baird analyst Ben Kallo is out defending Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) following two competitor downgrades over the past two days. Kallo reiterated his Outperform and price target of $335, saying they would use recent weakness in shares as a buying opportunity.
"We believe recent downgrades are driven by analysts “taking chips off the table” after TSLA has gained ~20% YTD and ~45% off of its March lows," Kallo said. "That said, we believe this is the wrong time to pull money out of the stock with the upcoming launch of the Model X and Q2 results, which should provide an update on the business."
He added, "We believe recent downgrades, which have been largely valuation driven, do not fully value the Model X launch. The launch of a the Model X will increase TSLA’s brand value and help solidify TSLA as a long-term investment as this will be the third electric vehicle successfully launched by the company. Additionally, there are several catalysts ahead, including additional details about the storage demand (which should be provided on the Q2 call), construction milestones and production announcements at the gigafactory, and the release of details about the Model III (prototype expected in March)."
Shares of Tesla Motors closed at $267.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pure Play EV Vendors will Ultimately Dominate the Auto World, Tesla (TSLA) Best-Positioned But Valuation Still Hard to Justify - Bernstein's Sacconaghi
- Active options: TSLA AAPL FCEL FB AMD AMC NIO SPCE PLTR F
- Toast (TOST): New Coverage Leaning Neutral, Best-of-Breed Platform Already Reflected in Valuation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Tesla, Ben Kallo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!