Whitney Tilson Sees GameStop (GME) Down 30% in a Week, 50% in a Month, and 80% in Six Months
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Whitney Tilson said from yesterday's closing price of $260, GameStop (NYSE: GME) wll be down by 30% within a week, 50% within a month, and 80% within six months
The ex-hedge fund manager commented in today's Empire Financial Research newsletter:
"Things have been getting pretty crazy in the markets: the frenzy in special purpose acquisition companies ("SPACs") and bitcoin... shares of GameStink (GME) going from $2.57 last year to $483 at the end of January, to $39 by mid-February, to $281 yesterday... (Mark my words: from yesterday's close of $260, it will be down by 30% within a week, 50% within a month, and 80% within six months.)
But nothing made my jaw hit the floor more than this news in the Wall Street Journal yesterday: Beeple NFT Fetches Record-Breaking $69 Million in Christie's Sale.
I sent this article to a friend who owns an art gallery, and he replied: "The world we once knew has crumbled beneath a virtual avalanche."
Another friend wrote of NFTs in general: "It's like the tulip mania – but you don't even get a tulip!"
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chamath Palihapitiya May Have Tried to De-Stabilize Robinhood With GameStop (GME) Trades - Einhorn
- Announces that Ordinary Shares, Warrants and Rights to Commence Separate Trading on or about April 16, 2021
- Dave Portnoy backed-Buzz ETF adds GameStop (GME), Palantir (PLTR), Chewy (CHWY) - Business Insider
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesWhitney Tilson, T2 Partners, Definitive Agreement, SPAC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!