Wedbush Upgrades Tesla (TSLA) to Outperform, Adds to Top Picks
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives upgraded Tesla (NASDAQ: TSLA) from Neutral to Outperform with a price target of $1,000.00 (from $950.00) with a $1350 long-term bull case on the "Green Tidal Wave" thesis. The analyst also added the stock to the Wedbush Best Ideas list.
"In our opinion the 1Q delivery numbers released on Friday was a paradigm changer and shows that the pent-up demand globally for Tesla's Model 3/Y is hitting its next stage of growth as part of a global green tidal wave underway," Ives commented. "We now believe Tesla could exceed 850k deliveries for the year with 900k a stretch goal, despite the chip shortage and various supply chain issues lingering across the auto sector. While the EV sector and Tesla shares have been under significant pressure so far this year, we believe the tide is turning on the Street and the "eye popping" delivery numbers coming out of China cannot be ignored with the trajectory on pace to represent ~40% of deliveries for Musk & Co. by 2022. We believe Tesla's profitability/FCF profile significantly improves over the next 3 to 4 years with $20 of annual EPS potential by 2026 based on our projections."
Shares of Tesla closed at $667.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Canaccord Genuity Upgrades Tesla (TSLA) to Buy, 'our focus shifts to storage'
- UPDATE: Wedbush Assumes, Upgrades Snap Inc (SNAP) to Outperform
- UPDATE: CIBC Starts Gatos Silver (GATO) at Outperformer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesTesla, Wedbush Best Ideas List, Model 3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!