Vista Outdoor (VSTO) PT Raised to $36 at Cowen Ahead of Earnings on Strong Channel Checks
- World stocks eye sixth month of gains, dollar near one-month low
- Amazon (AMZN) Tops Q2 EPS by $2.90, Revenue Misses, Q3 Guidance Falls Short of Consensus
- Robinhood (HOOD) IPO Opens Flat
- Didi (DIDI) Gains on WSJ Report It Considers Going Private, Company Denies
- Facebook (FB) Tops Profit and Revenue Estimates, But Shares Lower on Warning of Significant Growth Slowdown, Analyst Still Raises PT to a New 'Street High'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Cowen analyst Gautam Khanna raised the price target on Vista Outdoor (NYSE: VSTO) to $36.00 (from $33.00) after conducting ammo channel checks which indicate robust demand/pricing and limited inventory. The analyst expects the company to beat consensus estimates ($528MM; $0.63) and increase backlog growth, when it reports the March results sees expectations low for 2 reasons:
1) the U.S. ski season has been longer than planned for in guidance
2) ammo demand/pricing + Remington's hiring have been above plan
The analyst reiterated the Outperform rating, stating "Our channel checks confirm that ammunition supply shortages & "spot" pricing have continued to rise, despite the Y/Y slowdown in FBI NICS background checks, which is a proxy for firearm sales (Feb adj. NICS was +7.2%; March-May may be down Y/Y given +70-80% in prior yr period). E.g. Compared to prior firearm/ammo downturns, ammo channel inventory is scant, fear of stricter firearm regulations is high (Atlanta/Boulder shootings; Pres. Biden's platform), social unrest/anxiety is elevated, & new shooter growth (9 million) has exploded."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Mondelez International (MDLZ) to Buy
- Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. (FMG:AU) (FSUGY) PT Lowered to AUD19 at RBC Capital
- Fortinet (FTNT) PT Raised to $335 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!