Vertex (VRTX), BioMarin (BMRN), Intercept (ICPT), Others Highlighted as Targets at BMO Following PFE/MDVN
- Tech stocks push S&P 500 to record close, buoy Nasdaq
- U.S. Calls for Pause of J&J (JNJ) Vaccine After Clotting Cases, Including One Death
- Coinbase (COIN) direct listing IPO reference price set at $250
- Biggest SPAC Deal Ever: Grab To Go Public in a $40 Billion Merger With Altimeter (AGC), Backed by Fidelity and BlackRock
- Oil rises after robust China data but J&J vaccine pause weighs
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kim issued a list of potential combination candidates in their coverage, using a 3-4x multiple on their peak revenue estimates, including: Vertex Pharma (NASDAQ: VRTX) and Ionis Pharma (NASDAQ: IONS) (covered by Kim group) and Alexion Pharma (NASDAQ: ALXN), AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS), BioMarin (NASDAQ: BMRN), Intercept Pharma (NASDAQ: ICPT), and Neurocrine Biosciences (NASDAQ: NBIX) (covered by Ian Somaiya).
"We believe these companies could potentially command a higher multiple given the limited number of late-stage clinical and commercial biotechs," he said.
Using the 3-4x peak revenue multiple, the firm's chart shows AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS), Intercept Pharma (NASDAQ: ICPT), and Neurocrine Biosciences (NASDAQ: NBIX) have the most potential upside in a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Microsoft's (MSFT) Fist Bid for Nuance (NUAN) was $53.50
- UPDATE: Wedbush Assumes, Upgrades Snap Inc (SNAP) to Outperform
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!