Vertex (VRTX), BioMarin (BMRN), Intercept (ICPT), Others Highlighted as Targets at BMO Following PFE/MDVN
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades
- 'Always Bet on Michael': Dell (DELL) Stock Soars After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Say Results are Impressive
- Credit Suisse Says Tesla (TSLA) Stock Offers an Attractive Entry Point, Sees Nearly 60% Upside From Here
- Citi Downgrades US Equities to Neutral on Recession Risk
- Elon Musk Says Recession Could Last 12 to 18 Months, But 'Actually a Good Thing'
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
Kim issued a list of potential combination candidates in their coverage, using a 3-4x multiple on their peak revenue estimates, including: Vertex Pharma (NASDAQ: VRTX) and Ionis Pharma (NASDAQ: IONS) (covered by Kim group) and Alexion Pharma (NASDAQ: ALXN), AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS), BioMarin (NASDAQ: BMRN), Intercept Pharma (NASDAQ: ICPT), and Neurocrine Biosciences (NASDAQ: NBIX) (covered by Ian Somaiya).
"We believe these companies could potentially command a higher multiple given the limited number of late-stage clinical and commercial biotechs," he said.
Using the 3-4x peak revenue multiple, the firm's chart shows AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS), Intercept Pharma (NASDAQ: ICPT), and Neurocrine Biosciences (NASDAQ: NBIX) have the most potential upside in a deal.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Broadcom (AVGO) to Acquire VMware (VMW) for Approximately $61 Billion in Cash and Stock
- Wendy's (WEN) Reaffirms 2022 Outlook, Postpones Investor Day Amid Trian Talks
- Crane Co. (CR) Issues Update on Crane Supply Divestiture, Hikes FY22 Guidance to EPS of $7.45-$7.85
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Rumors
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!