Valero Energy (VLO) Setup is the Best in Years, PT Raised to $107 at BofA Securities
- Wall Street rallies, snaps longest weekly losing streak in decades
- 'Always Bet on Michael': Dell (DELL) Stock Soars After Crushing Estimates, Analysts Say Results are Impressive
- Credit Suisse Says Tesla (TSLA) Stock Offers an Attractive Entry Point, Sees Nearly 60% Upside From Here
- Citi Downgrades US Equities to Neutral on Recession Risk
- Elon Musk Says Recession Could Last 12 to 18 Months, But 'Actually a Good Thing'
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BofA Securities analyst Doug Leggate raised the price target on Valero Energy (NYSE: VLO) to $107.00 (from $102.00) after the company reported results and offered an outlook for 2022 that has earnings above mid cycle levels.
The analyst maintained a Buy rating, stating "we see the set-up for refiners as the best it’s been in years. Near-term, the outlook is underpinned by lean global product stocks, and a need to reset the supply buffer for an expected demand recovery. Per Valero Energy (VLO), US gasoline demand is fully back, diesel is higher, and jet fuel’s 3mmbpd demand gap expected to narrow on a travel recovery. Combined with the regional advantage from low cost natural gas vs international peers, tailwinds from net refinery closures that accelerated during the pandemic and the unwind of OPEC+ cuts that can widen light heavy spreads VLO stands as perhaps best placed ‘pure play’ to benefit from a return to at least mid-cycle margins."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jack In The Box (JACK) PT Lowered to $80 at Stifel
- Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd (OR:CN) (OR) PT Lowered to Cdn$22 at Stifel Canada
- AltaGas Ltd. (ALA:CN) (ATGFF) PT Raised to Cdn$33 at National Bank Financial
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesOPEC, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!