Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX): Investor Focus Shifting To Growth Areas - Stifel
- Dow, S&P 500 end with gains up after bumpy week, but Nike drags
- Over $100 Billion Wiped Off: Bitcoin (BTC) Price Falls As China's Central Bank Vows to Ban Cryptocurrency Trading
- Nike (NKE) Stock Falls On a Revenue Miss and Slashed FY Sales Outlook, Analysts Bullish Despite NT Supply Chain Challenges
- Oil hits highest in almost 3 years as supply tightens
- Here's Why Meredith (MDP) Stock Price Soared 18% in After Hours
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Stifel analyst, Annabel Samimy, reiterated her Buy rating on shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals (NYSE: VRX) on the belief that now that debt has been paid down, investors can refocus on the company's growth areas.
VRX has moved diligently towards its debt pay down target of $5bn by early 2018. and the analyst believes that goal is now in reach from additional divestitures and free cash flow. Consequently, she believes investors will be shifting attention to the performance of its core franchises—
Ophthalmology (B+L), Consumer, Dermatology, and GI. Based on prescription trends, she believes that results are mixed, with GI starting to regain traction but Dermatology still struggling to regain volumes.
No change to the target of $35.
Shares of Valeant Pharmaceuticals closed at $17.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kakaku.com Inc. (2371:JP) (KKKUF) PT Raised to JPY3,530 at Credit Suisse
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS:IN) PT Raised to INR4,578 at Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Verve Therapeutics (VERV) at Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!