Upcoming Wayfair (W) IPO Scores Low at Triton Research
- S&P 500, Nasdaq rise after previous session's thrashing; yields ease
- Rate jitters wear down wary markets
- OpenAI considering share sale at a valuation between $80B and $90B - WSJ
- Deutsche Bank cuts Tesla (TSLA) Q3 estimates and warns that 2024 is 'at much larger risk'
- Costco dips as same-store sales miss estimates; Goldman remains positive on stock
Triton Research initiated research coverage on the upcoming IPO for Wayfair (NYSE: W) with a 5.95 rating, which is below average for tech IPOs scored by Triton Research generally, and zulily (7.38) in particular. The firm's average IPO rating is 5.95.
Wayfair sells home goods principally to U.S. consumers through five websites.
"Although Wayfair's customer acquisition has been successful, the Company controls neither product manufacturing nor logistics and distribution, and is therefore less defensible than a vertically-integrated e-commerce platform," Triton stated. They added, "Investors will also be concerned about future profitability, as well as poor disclosure and a dual-class stock structure."
Competitors include: One Kings Lane, Hayneedle, Overstock.com, Amazon.
Lead underwriters for the deal are Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Citigroup and Allen & Co.. Investors include Great Hill Partners, HarbourVest Partners, Battery Ventures, Spark Capital and T. Rowe Price.
The company's road show is expected to start this month. Shares are expected to list on the NYSE under the symbol "W."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- This AI stock could climb by over 200%, analysts say
- India's Emcure Pharma Plans 2024 IPO, Hires JP Morgan, Jefferies - Reuters
- Six15 Technologies (SXV) Announces 2M Share IPO at $5/sh
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, IPOs
Related EntitiesSpark Capital, Citi, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!