Upcoming Wayfair (W) IPO Scores Low at Triton Research
- Wall St set for weak open as traders await policy cues from Fed speakers
- Barclays raises 2024 S&P 500 price target but warns stocks are 'moving too far, too fast'
- Amazon is now the biggest delivery business in the U.S. - WSJ
- Stocks hold firm as dollar dithers ahead of US data
- There is a 'significant shift in sentiment' on Boeing stock says RBC and upgrades to buy
Triton Research initiated research coverage on the upcoming IPO for Wayfair (NYSE: W) with a 5.95 rating, which is below average for tech IPOs scored by Triton Research generally, and zulily (7.38) in particular. The firm's average IPO rating is 5.95.
Wayfair sells home goods principally to U.S. consumers through five websites.
"Although Wayfair's customer acquisition has been successful, the Company controls neither product manufacturing nor logistics and distribution, and is therefore less defensible than a vertically-integrated e-commerce platform," Triton stated. They added, "Investors will also be concerned about future profitability, as well as poor disclosure and a dual-class stock structure."
Competitors include: One Kings Lane, Hayneedle, Overstock.com, Amazon.
Lead underwriters for the deal are Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Citigroup and Allen & Co.. Investors include Great Hill Partners, HarbourVest Partners, Battery Ventures, Spark Capital and T. Rowe Price.
The company's road show is expected to start this month. Shares are expected to list on the NYSE under the symbol "W."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Terns Pharmaceuticals (TERN) Announces Passing of Ex-CEO Senthil Sundaram
- Citi Downgrades Grupo Aeroportuario Del Sureste (ASR) to Sell, 'Out Of Runway'
- Dow Jones, Nasdaq, S&P 500 weekly preview: Testing key resistance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, IPOs
Related EntitiesSpark Capital, Citi, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!