Upcoming Wayfair (W) IPO Scores Low at Triton Research
- Nasdaq hovers near record levels as factory activity scales new peak
- Bitcoin (BTC) Recovers to $34,000 as Analysts Insists Crypto Winter Won't Repeat Again
- Dollar slips after Fed's Powell downplays inflation fears
- Cathie Wood's ARK Buys ~$77M in Bitcoin-Related Securities Yesterday on Dip
- Microsoft (MSFT) Price Target Raised to 'Street High' $325 at Wedbush as Cloud Story Is Not Slowing Down
Triton Research initiated research coverage on the upcoming IPO for Wayfair (NYSE: W) with a 5.95 rating, which is below average for tech IPOs scored by Triton Research generally, and zulily (7.38) in particular. The firm's average IPO rating is 5.95.
Wayfair sells home goods principally to U.S. consumers through five websites.
"Although Wayfair's customer acquisition has been successful, the Company controls neither product manufacturing nor logistics and distribution, and is therefore less defensible than a vertically-integrated e-commerce platform," Triton stated. They added, "Investors will also be concerned about future profitability, as well as poor disclosure and a dual-class stock structure."
Competitors include: One Kings Lane, Hayneedle, Overstock.com, Amazon.
Lead underwriters for the deal are Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Citigroup and Allen & Co.. Investors include Great Hill Partners, HarbourVest Partners, Battery Ventures, Spark Capital and T. Rowe Price.
The company's road show is expected to start this month. Shares are expected to list on the NYSE under the symbol "W."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sprinklr (CXM) IPO Opens 9% Lower
- IPO for SPAC Coliseum Acquisition Corp. (MITA) Opens at $9.90
- The IIA and AuditBoard Expand Elevate Program to Provide Merit-Based Certified Internal Auditor® Program Scholarships
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, IPOs
Related EntitiesSpark Capital, Citi, Definitive Agreement, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!