UPS (UPS) Stock Rallies 7% on Beat and Raise, Higher Margins Will Help Shares Says Analyst
- Wall Street ends higher in robust rebound from Omicron-driven rout
- Apple (AAPL) Tells Suppliers iPhone Demand Slowing as Holidays Near - Bloomberg
- Boeing (BA) Stock Gains as China Aviation Authority Paves Way for 737 MAX Return
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) Stock Up 6% on Q3 Beat and Raised 2021 Guidance
- DocuSign (DOCU) Stock Dropped 25% on Below Expected Q4 Guidance; Q3 EPS Beat Estimates
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Shares of UPS (NYSE: UPS) are trading more than 7% higher today after the company delivered better-than-expected Q3 earnings.
UPS reported a Q3 EPS of $2.71 to beat the analyst estimate of $2.54. Revenue for the quarter came in at $23.2 billion versus the consensus estimate of $22.56 billion.
“The actions we are taking under our better not bigger strategic framework to improve revenue quality, enhance productivity and remain disciplined on capital allocation are driving our positive financial performance,” said Carol Tomé, UPS chief executive officer.
The company also raised its FY21 adjusted operating margin target to around 13.0% and expects the adjusted return on invested capital to be roughly 29%.
Goldman Sachs analyst Jordan Alliger maintained a Buy rating and a $237.00 per share price target on the UPS stock post-earnings.
“The numbers above are preliminary based on our existing model. That said, we are encouraged by the performance on domestic profitability - especially around the margin percent which we sense is the key focal point for investors. The ~80 bp beat after deflated expectations going into the quarter should bode well for that shares,” Alliger said in a client note.
Cowen analyst Helane Becker reiterated a Buy rating and a $203.00 per share price target.
“We expect the shares of UPS to be up following the company's better than expected earnings release. As noted, revenue of $23.2 billion exceeded our estimate of $23.0 billion and the consensus estimate of $22.57 billion. Operating income of $2.9 billion increased by 22.6% from 3Q20. We expect the market to react favorably to the company's earnings report and increased full year 2021 guidance,” Becker said in a client note.
Shares of UPS are up over 33% YTD.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Elastic (ESTC) Stock Falls Sharply Despite Better-Than-Expected Earnings. Here's What Analysts are Saying
- CrowdStrike (CRWD) Shares Edge Higher on Healthy ARR Growth, Analysts Positive but Lower PTs Given Recent Multiple Compression
- Ollie's Bargain Outlet (OLLI) Misses Q3 EPS by 13c, Guidance Misses
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Earnings, Guidance
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs, Cowen & Co, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!