UPDATE: Zillow (Z) PT Raised to $161 at Morgan Stanley on Increased Transactions and Asset Light Model
- Wall Street ends lower as investors await earnings, inflation data
- Microsoft (MSFT) announces $19.7 billion acquisition of Nuance (NUAN)
- Alibaba (BABA) Gets a Record $2.8 Billion Anti-Monopoly Fine, Shares Soar as a 'Major Overhang' is Lifted
- Tesla (TSLA) Upgraded to 'Buy' at Canaccord Genuity and PT Raised by 155%, as it 'Holds a Several-Year Lead' in EV While Storage Business Accelerates
- Dollar drops as traders prepare for inflation data
Morgan Stanley analyst Brian Nowak raised the price target on Zillow (NASDAQ: Z) to $161.00 (from $148.00) after Homes also shows its first quarter of positive unit economics at scale while 2020 showed the profitability Z's asset-light marketplace can generate.
The analyst reiterated an Equalweight rating, stating "Greater velocity implies a larger pool of home transactions and gives Zillow’s agents more incentive and ability (commissions) to bid on impressions in their ad auction market…as we continue to see the faster housing market recovery leading to faster premier agent ad revenue growth as our housing estimates imply ’21 home sales are ~14% above 2019 levels. However, that could grow faster if the market follows Z's economics forecast of 21% existing home sales growth in '21. Zillow also announced the acquisition of ShowingTime for $500M in cash, an industry-leading real estate showing software provider that facilitated more than 50M in-person home tours in 2020. Adding ShowingTime to Z's suite of real estate technology solutions gives it the opportunity to accelerate a widely-adopted solution for the complexity of tour scheduling... adding to Z's industry-leading moats."
You May Also Be Interested In
- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (JKS) PT Lowered to $10.39 at GLJ Research
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS:IN) PT Raised to INR3,140 at Nomura/Instinet
- Great Wall Motor Co Ltd. (2333:HK) (GWLLF) PT Raised to HK$4.30 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!