Viceroy Research Negative on Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) Amid Security Flaw
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Morgan Stanley Reiterates Overweight on US Steel (X) After Q3 Guidance and Deleveraging Update, Shares Down 12% Since Thursday
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 1-week free trial here.
(Updated - March 13, 2018 10:35 AM EDT)
Advanced Micro Devices (NASDAQ: AMD) shares are active as Viceroy Research has come out negative on the stock, saying it could become worthless.
Viceroy made the comments after analyzing CTS Labs' report exposing fatal security vulnerabilities across AMD products.
"Viceroy, in consultation with experts, have evaluated CTS’s report. We believe the issues identified by CTS are fatal to AMD on a commercial level, and outright dangerous at an international level," the report said.
It was added, "We believe AMD is worth $0.00 and will have no choice but to file for Chapter 11 (Bankruptcy) in order to effectively deal with the repercussions of recent discoveries."
Viceroy will discuss the short call on CNBC's Halftime Report at noon.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) ticks higher on reports it is ready to make ARM chips if needed
- Ryanair (RYA:ID) (RYAAY) PT Raised to EUR20 at Deutsche Bank
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Starts Ritchie Bros (RBA) at Sector Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!