UPDATE: UBS Upgrades TCF Financial (TCF) to Buy
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
(updating comment, correcting PT)
UBS analyst Brock Vandervliet upgraded TCF Financial (NASDAQ: TCF) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $37.00 (from $46.00.)
The analyst comments "The TCF / CHFC combination (closed August 2019) creates a premier Midwest regional bank able to demonstrate meaningful near term cost saves (13% of combined expense base by Q4) and revenue synergies (loan growth & fee growth) over time. The combination makes TCF a very strong “self-help” story at a time of tremendous macro turmoil. The fundamental path is now clear for expense reduction, top-line growth, and buyback to generate mid-teens average EPS growth 2021-2023. Also, our buyback assumption (10% through 2022) could prove conservative. We reduce our 2020/21 EPS forecast to $3.81/$4.34, inclusive of the 50 bp emergency FF cut, our expectation of 50 bps in further cuts and incrementally lower loan growth. While our 2021 EPS forecast is 5% below consensus that is an artifact of the macro turmoil. Consensus should drift lower. TCF’s 2021 multiple of ~6x prices in a very high degree of uncertainty."
Shares of TCF Financial closed at $26.65 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited (KNPL:IN) PT Raised to INR680 at Macquarie
- Ajinomoto (2802:JP) (AJINY) PT Raised to JPY3,100 at CLSA
- AU Optronics (2409:TT) (AUOTY) PT Lowered to NT$24.70 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!