UPDATE: Summit Insights Upgrades Western Digital Corp. (WDC) to Buy, Sees Storage Fundamentals Continuing to Improve Through 2021
- World stocks steady, Bitcoin slides on U.S. tax hike prospect
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Bitcoin sinks below $50,000 as cryptos stumble over Biden tax plans
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
- Euro regains poise as data points to stronger recovery
Summit Insights upgraded Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) from Hold to Buy.
The analyst comments: "We have seen a stabilization in NAND pricing and expect datacenter HDD and SSD demand to improve through 2021. We believe WDC's gross margin has bottomed and expect it to expand in the coming quarters as we expect its' flash cost reduction to outpace price declines. Additionally, we see an improving demand landscape for its higher-margin large capacity HDD and SSD in the coming quarters. We are upgrading WDC to a BUY as we see a favorable risk-reward for the stock as the storage industry fundamentals improve through the year."
Shares of Western Digital Corp. closed at $58.01 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades MediaAlpha (MAX) to Overweight
- UPDATE: KeyBanc Resumes Arista Networks (ANET) at Overweight
- UPDATE: Berenberg Starts JFrog (FROG) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!