UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Gear Energy Ltd. (GXE:CN) (GENGF) to Buy
- S&P 500, Nasdaq close up 4th straight week as optimism grows
- 'Back in Tech': Investors are Increasing Exposure to Tech and Growth Stocks - BofA
- Rivian Reports Bigger Loss, Says Current Models Won't Qualify for Tax Breaks
- US-listed China Stocks Slip on Delisting Moves, Analyst Sees Short-term Noise
- Salesforce (CRM), Snowflake (SNOW) Rated New Sell at Guggenheim, Oracle (ORCL) at Buy
Stifel analyst Robert J. Fitzmartyn upgraded Gear Energy Ltd. (GXE:CN) (OTC: GENGF) from Hold to Buy with a price target of Cdn$1.75 (from Cdn$1.85).
The analyst comments "With heavy oil differentials continuing to remain relatively narrow on a top line WTI quote that is strong, Gear represents an operationally levered equity option on further crude oil price recovery. It has initiated a shareholder return strategy focused around a variable dividend, with residual FCF allocated to share repurchases or other discretionary outlays while preserving the appearance of a flush treasury exiting 2022e. We expect GXE to be an active participant in the M&A/A&D markets. We are upgrading the stock to a BUY due to its favorable implied return to our target price."
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hitachi Ltd. (6501:JP) PT Raised to JPY8,200 at Nomura/Instinet
- Pigeon Corp (7956:JP) PT Lowered to JPY2,400 at Nomura/Instinet
- Osotspa (OSP:TB) (OSOPF) PT Lowered to THB30 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Intl Ratings, Upgrades
Related EntitiesStifel, Crude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!