UPDATE: Splunk (SPLK) Beats and Raises but PT Drops to $145 at BofA Securities on Multiple Compression
- Wall Street mints big gains to end strong week
- JP Morgan's Kolanovic Predicts No Recession and Next Week's Rebalancing Could Drive Stocks Up 7%
- U.S. Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade, ends constitutional right to abortion
- FedEx (FDX) Gains on Solid FY23 Outlook, Analysts Mostly Bulled Up Into Next Week's Investors Day
- Get Ready for a 10% Rally in S&P 500
BofA Securities analyst Brad Sills lowered the price target on Splunk (NASDAQ: SPLK) to $145.00 (from $165.00) despite the company reporting a beat/raise quarter. Total rev of $674.1mn (+34% y/y) exceeded expectations for $624.7mn from large renewal driven,, license upside of $51.1mn. Total and cloud ARR of $3.210bn (+30% y/y)/1.404bn (+60% y/y) were in line/light while RPO/cRPO of $2.395bn/$1.538bn rose +29%/+27% y/y, implying decelerating growth from 35%/30% in Q4. The highlight though was the Operating Margin of -8.5%, well above expectations for a loss of -22.5%.
The analyst reiterated a Buy rating, stating "We view in-line Q1 and outlook for ARR/cloud ARR as a positive, given a challenging environment with executive turnover at all levels in the LTM. Cloud DBNR holding at a solid 130% suggests sustained/healthy demand as customers add more IT & security use cases. FCF conversion did not prompt upside to the FY OCF outlook for >$400mn. This represents 10% ARR margin (at the low end), lagging the FY23 target of 20% outlined in the 2020 Analyst Day. However, with easier annual billings comparison throughout the year, R&D investment that is largely behind, and renewed focus on sales productivity, there is potential for upside as we move through the year."
You May Also Be Interested In
- Comcast Corp (CMCSA) PT Lowered to $44 at BofA Securities for 4 Reasons
- Canaccord Genuity Downgrades Zendesk (ZEN) to Hold
- Ascot Resources Ltd. (AOT:CN) (AOTVF) PT Lowered to Cdn$1.25 at BMO Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesBrad Sills
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!