UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Downgrades People's United Financial (PBCT) to Neutral
- European shares drop ahead of cenbank meet, UniCredit jumps on profit beat
- Caterpillar Q4 earnings miss as costs weigh
- Strong EV demand helps General Motors top Q4 income estimates
- Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) likely to file for bankruptcy this week - Reuters
- UPS (UPS) misses on revenue, full-year guidance
Seaport Global Securities analyst David Bishop downgraded People's United Financial (NASDAQ: PBCT) from Buy to Neutral.
The analyst comments "We are lowering our rating on the shares of People's United Financial (PBCT) to Neutral from Buy heading into 1Q21 earnings as the shares have traded well above our previous $15.50 Price target following the company's late February 2021 announcement that it had entered into an acquisition agreement with M&T Bank (MTB; Not-rated) in a $7.6B all stock deal. As part of the transaction, People's United's current headquarters in Bridgeport, Connecticut will become the New England regional headquarters for M&T."
Shares of People's United Financial closed at $18.08 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Macquarie Downgrades Paramount Global (PARA) to Underperform
- Greenidge Generation (GREE) Restructures and Significantly Reduces Secured Debt
- Kepler Cheuvreux Downgrades Hapag-Lloyd AG (HLAG:GR) (HLAGF) to Reduce
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!