UPDATE: Raymond James Upgrades BancorpSouth (BXS) to Outperform
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Raymond James analyst Jayson Bedford upgraded BancorpSouth (NYSE: BXS) from Market Perform to Outperform with a price target of $36.00.
The analyst comments "We are upgrading BXS shares from Market Perform to Outperform and establishing a $36 price target following virtual investor meetings we hosted with the management teams of both BancorpSouth and Cadence yesterday. Plainly, BXS shares screen as the most attractive on 2022 P/E in our Southeast/Southwest coverage universe and among the most attractive in our regression of current P/TBV vs. 2022E ROTCE and 2022E ROA (see analysis on pages 7-8) where we see strong potential for shares to re-rate higher. While we may be early in our call given an expected closing of the Cadence acquisition (link) in 4Q21, we walked away from the meetings with increased confidence in management's ability to exceed previously stated cost savings and EPS accretion targets."
Shares of BancorpSouth closed at $31.03 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Signet Jewelers (SIG) to Equal Weight
- Telecom Italia SpA (TIT:IM) (TI) PT Raised to EUR0.52 at JPMorgan
- Altium Ltd. (ALU:AU) (ALMFF) PT Raised to AUD42 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!