UPDATE: Raymond James Starts Carvana (CVNA) at Market Perform
- Wall St ends higher as Fed signals bond-buying taper soon
- Fed maintains federal funds rate at 0 to 1/4; Fed maintains Treasury, MBS purchases but says moderation in pace may 'soon be warranted'
- Toast (TOST) IPO Opens Up 63%, Pushing Valuation to Nearly $33B
- Facebook (FB) Shares Hit After Warning on Impact of Apple's (AAPL) Privacy Changes
- Adobe (ADBE) Tops Q3 Estimates, After-Hours Move Lower in Shares Creates a Buying Opportunity Says Analyst
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - April 7, 2021 4:47 PM EDT)
Raymond James analyst Nicholas Bacchus initiates coverage on Carvana (NYSE: CVNA) with a Market Perform rating.
The analyst comments "We see many positives in the story, however we believe current valuation appropriately reflects the strong growth opportunity. We think Carvana is uniquely positioned to disrupt the used car retailing industry. Given its first mover advantage and current scale, it can continue to be the largest player in the sector, and growth will continue to be very strong given that we believe the shift to digital in used cars is still in nascent stages. We see the central positives for the Carvana story as being 1) the large TAM of the used car market and the very low penetration of online commerce in the sector; 2) it's first mover advantage and large scale (second-largest used car dealer in the U.S.); 3) strong cohort behavior; 4) accelerating capacity; 5) favorable industry backdrop in 2021 and beyond; and 6) healthy long-term GPU and EBITDA margin profile. However, with it trading ~37x our FY21 Gross Profit and nearly 6x EV/Revenues, we believe risk/reward is balanced and would look to get more constructive on a pullback."
Shares of Carvana closed at $277.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Loop Capital Starts Regal Beloit (RBC) at Buy, 'PT; Underappreciated Value in the PMC Acquisition and Robust FCF'
- Needham & Company Starts Harmony Biosciences Holdings Inc. (HRMY) at Buy
- Oracle Corp Japan (4716:JP) (OCLCF) PT Raised to JPY13,000 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRaymond James
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!