UPDATE: Raymond James Downgrades FedEx (FDX) to Market Perform
- S&P 500 hits record high on tech strength, earnings optimism
- Facebook (FB) Stock Gains Despite Missing on Q3 Revenue and Q4 Guidance, Analysts Lower PTs But Remain Positive as IDFA Headwinds Though Not as Bad as Feared
- DraftKings (DKNG) Surges 7% After Saying It Won't Bid for Entain (GMVHF)
- UPS (UPS) Stock Rallies 7% on Beat and Raise, Higher Margins Will Help Shares Says Analyst
- Morgan Stanley Reiterates Overweight and $1,200 PT on Tesla (TSLA) But Says Don't Expect Shares to Trade up to Such a Level in NT
Raymond James analyst Patrick Tyler Brown downgraded FedEx (NYSE: FDX) from Outperform to Market Perform.
The analyst commented, "We are downgrading shares of FedEx from Outperform to Market Perform after a disappointing quarter (despite solid top line trends), lowered guidance (only 90-days post establishing it), continued heady capex investments (despite a cloudier outlook), back-end loading of the guidance (a risky elixir), and more global uncertainty. While we remain heartened that the parcel pricing and volume backdrop remains constructive and FedEx’s LTL operation continues to hit on all cylinders, we are concerned that numbers remain at risk as the guidance assumes a continued growth in Industrial Production and trade, labor inefficiencies abate, and less controllable “bad guys” from last year don’t recur (think weather). While FDX trades at only 13x our revised FY2022 EPS, we’d stress they are also trading 23x all-important FCF, a premium to its facing peer and more inline with the broader complex. Further, outside reaping from their sizable investments over the past decade (outsized NOPAT growth) or throttling capex, we see limited multiple expansion opportunities."
Shares of FedEx closed at $252.07 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Raymond James Downgrades Carrol's Restaurant (TAST) to Market Perform
- HSBC Downgrades Godrej Properties Ltd (GPL:IN) to Reduce
- First National Financial Corp. (FN:CN) (FNLIF) PT Lowered to Cdn$49 at TD Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Related EntitiesRaymond James, Industrial Production
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!