UPDATE: Piper Sandler Upgrades Biogen (BIIB) to Overweight on Proprietary Checks, Despite Prior Concerns
- S&P 500 edges down on virus woes, slowing economy
- 'Becoming JP Morgan of the Future': Square (SQ) Dips on Deal to Acquire BNPL Afterpay For $29B in Stock, Benefits Outweigh High Price Says Analyst
- Oil falls over 3% on concerns over demand and OPEC supply boost
- ON Semiconductor (ON) Surges on Strong Q2 Results and Q3 Outlook
- Dollar wavers on dovish Fed tone, mixed economic outlook
Piper Sandler analyst Christopher Raymond upgraded Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) from Neutral to Overweight with a price target of $450.00 (from $384.00), finding two new data points too positive to ignore despite Aduhelm misgivings. The two points that changed the analyst's mind are:
1) a new neurologist (n=52) survey indicating above-consensus expected uptake based on patient traffic, physician willingness to prescribe and anticipated payer countermeasures
2) a KOL check with a reimbursement consultant who painted an overwhelmingly positive picture on the access and reimbursement front - He believes that even in the event CMS initiates an NCD, uptake is likely to have few governors for some time.
The analyst stated "Combining this with what we see as a low-probability but still completely free call option that Biogen wins on appeal with the Tecfidera IP case, we think the stock is likely to go higher in the near term."
Shares of Biogen closed at $383.52 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) to Equal Weight
- BJ's Restaurants (BJRI) PT Lowered to $48 at Stifel
- Teledyne (TDY) PT Raised to $530 at Jefferies as 2021 Results Continue to Strengthen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!