UPDATE: Piper Sandler Downgrades Principal Financial Group (PFG) to Neutral, Outperformance Unlikely to Continue
- Wall Street extends rally as economically sensitive sectors bounce
- China Tells Local Authorities to Prepare For a 'Possible Storm' and Prevent Unrest as Evergrande Crisis Unravels - WSJ
- Salesforce (CRM) Raises FY22 Revenue Guidance; Initiates FY23 Revenue
- Oil prices at two-month highs on tight supplies
- IDFA Seen as a 'Real Headwind' for Facebook (FB) but Analysts Remain Positive
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - June 15, 2021 8:29 AM EDT)
Piper Sandler analyst John Barnidge downgraded Principal Financial Group (NASDAQ: PFG) from Overweight to Neutral with a price target of $70.00 (from $72.00) on the belief that the relative outperformance cannot continue. Elliott Management taking a stake in the company reached the market on 2/22/21. Since that time, shares of PFG have outperformed covered life insurance companies by ~7%.
The analyst stated "With the upcoming investor day – our guess – likely focused on establishing long-term profitability improvement targets & our belief the results from the strategic review are disclosed in the week before the investor day, we struggle to identify PFG-specific catalysts to drive prospective relative outperformance to persist."
Shares of Principal Financial Group closed at $64.24 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trimble (TRMB) Slips as Morgan Stanley Downgrades to Underweight
- Pine Cliff Energy Ltd. (PNE:CN) (PIFYF) PT Raised to Cdn$0.90 at Stifel Canada
- International Petroleum Corp (IPCO:CN) (IPCFF) PT Raised to Cdn$10.75 at Stifel Canada
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesElliott Associates
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!