UPDATE: Nike (NKE) Results Defended at Credit Suisse, PT Raised to $176
- S&P 500, Dow climb for third day and close at records
- Tesla (TSLA) China Numbers 'Robust' - Wedbush
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Seen as 'Attractive' as Recent Checks Show Continuously Strong Demand - Citi
- Investors Poured More Money Into Stocks in Past 5 Months Than Last 12 Years, Says BofA, Analysts Worried About Stretched Valuations
- Amazon.com warehouse workers vote to reject forming union in Alabama
Credit Suisse analyst Michael Binetti raised the price target on Nike (NYSE: NKE) to $176.00 (from $162.00) while maintaining a Outperform rating after F3Q revenue grew +3% but missed the Street expectation for +9%. EPS of $0.90 however, topped the Street $0.76 on a big GM beat +130bp (Street -10bp) and SG&A leverage 315bp YOY (Street 165bp). US port congestion pressured N. America revs to -10% YOY vs Street +3% (deliveries delayed by ~3 weeks). China was strong with revs +42% ex-FX growth (Street +25%) and total Nike digital grew +54%.
The analyst stated "Nike’s F3Q challenges are improving quickly, and we think F4Q guidance will prove significantly conservative. We reiterate Outperform. We’re raising our target price to $176 from $162 previously based on: 1) rolling our target price to be based on FY23 EPS of $4.75 (from FY22 previously), and 2) lowering our multiple to 37x from 41x previously to be in-line with NKE’s 3-year average P/E premium to peers. Risks: Competition, global macro/COVID, FX."
You May Also Be Interested In
- S&P Global (SPGI) PT Raised to $414 at Stifel, Raises Estimates
- Takeuchi Mfg. Co., Ltd (6432:JP) (TKUGF) PT Raised to JPY3,400 at CLSA
- Advantest Corp (6857:JP) (ATEYY) PT Raised to JPY12,650 at Macquarie
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!