UPDATE: New Street Research Upgrades Nokia (NOK) to Buy; Sees 54% Upside
- Wall Street falls with Amazon; S&P 500 posts sixth straight month of gains
- Amazon (AMZN) Plunges After Missing Sales and Guidance Expectations, Analysts Slash PTs to Reflect Weaker Guidance
- Pinterest (PINS) Tops Profit and Sales Views, But Shares Plunges Over 20% on a Big Monthly User Miss to Prompt Two Downgrades
- 'I'm CEO.' New Book Outlines Merger Conversations Between Elon Musk and Tim Cook
- Bullard: Fed should taper this fall, go "fairly rapidly" to end early 2022
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - January 7, 2020 6:46 AM EST)
New Street Research analyst Pierre Ferragu upgraded Nokia (NYSE: NOK) from Neutral to Buy with a EUR5.30 price target (54% upside).
The analyst highlighted:
- Nokia has missed the 5G turn: radio portfolio issues, margin pressure, market share losses, stock down 50% vs. Ericsson
- Performance of the last 4 years has been dreadful: ~€2.5bn net cash burnt on the Alcatel-Lucent integration and failed 5G transition
- “Safe” FCF of €2bn p.a. provides a good margin of safety
- Deep value opportunity? The stock implies negative value for Wireless. Turned around, it could be worth €16bn; that is ~100% upside
- Multiple ingredients for a successful turn around: Issues acknowledged, 5G will drive growth in 2021 and beyond, operators are supportive
- Change in management would be positive catalyst but maybe not a necessity
Shares of Nokia closed at $3.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Upgrades Nokia (NOK) to Outperform; Upward Trajectory 'Now Clear'
- Kansai Nerolac Paints Limited (KNPL:IN) PT Raised to INR680 at Macquarie
- Nokia (NOK) Beats Expectations on Fixed Networks - Craig-Hallum
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!