UPDATE: Needham & Company Upgrades Chegg (CHGG) to Buy, 'Spend Less Time Searching For the Answer'
- Nasdaq ends down as investors eye Black Friday sales, China infections
- Apple (AAPL) could see a $6B hole in FQ1 iPhone revenue due to Foxconn troubles - analyst
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) slips on report FTC likely to oppose $69B Microsoft (MSFT) deal
- Manchester United (MANU) shares jump again on Saudi interest
- Bitcoin (BTC) price struggles to rebound as Binance launches $1 billion recovery fund
Needham & Company analyst Ryan MacDonald upgraded Chegg (NYSE: CHGG) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $28.00.
The analyst comments "We are upgrading Chegg to Buy and establishing a $28 PT as our analysis of Chegg’s 3Q and FY22 guidance assumptions combined with our forecast for Fall 2022 enrollment expectations suggest the company is positioned well to report upside to conservative expectations. We lay out the bull/base/bear case scenarios for Fall enrollments based on FAFSA application & renewal data, and our analysis gives us confidence that enrollments decline by only approx. 140k from Spring ’22, creating the potential for upside in 3Q given Chegg’s guidance that assumes that subs decline by ~500k. While it is possible for Chegg subs do decline by greater than enrollments, we believe continued int'l expansion and domestic stabilization, supported by stable usage in our student survey and a strong return of int'l enrollments, take the bear case off of the table."
Shares of Chegg closed at $18.95 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Coupa Software (COUP) stock extends gains as analysts see a potential deal price at $80+
- PT PP (Persero) Tbk (PTPP:IJ) (PTPPF) PT Lowered to IDR1,075 at CLSA
- Jardine Matheson Holdings Limited (JARD:SI) (JMHLY) PT Lowered to $63 at CLSA
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!