UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Upgrades Occidental Petroleum (OXY) to Overweight on Compelling Risk/Reward
- Wall St rises as jobless claims fall; Cigna weighs on healthcare stocks
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises over 1% as Mideast tensions face virus concerns
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) 'Scores' with $2 Billion Deal to Acquire theScore (SCR), Seen as 'Highly Strategic'
- Uber (UBER) Beats Estimates As Higher Labor Spend Drags on Profitability, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Bullish
Morgan Stanley analyst Devin McDermott upgraded Occidental Petroleum (NYSE: OXY) from Equalweight to Overweight with a price target of $40.00 (from $32.00).
The analyst comments "More compelling risk-reward against a backdrop of sustained higher oil prices; upgrade to Overweight. Over the past year, management has taken key steps to derisk the business by extending maturities,executing on synergies,and divesting non-core assets. Now, with WTI near ~$70/bbl and Morgan Stanley Oil Strategist Martijn Rats recently boosting his long-term Brent forecast to $60/bbl, we are updating our estimates and outlook. Rebounding margins and strong FCF position OXY to offer one of the more differentiated rate of change stories with its high quality upstream assets,above average FCF/equity yield (although FCF/EV still lags peers),and unique position in a lower-carbon energy future through OXY Low Carbon Ventures (OLCV). We are upgrading to Overweight and our $40 price target (up from $32) implies 42% upside."
Shares of Occidental Petroleum closed at $28.22 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stephens Upgrades Roku Inc. (ROKU) to Overweight
- Hanesbrands (HBI) PT Raised to $24 at Wells Fargo
- Equinox Gold (EQX:CN) (EQX) PT Lowered to Cdn$17 at TD Securities
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!