UPDATE: Medicaid Programs Must Cover Biogen's (BIIB) Aduhelm, CMS Says - Cowen
- Nasdaq, S&P 500 end lower, dragged down by communications services
- Intel (INTC) Stock Plummets as Expensive Investments Expected to Pressure Margins and FCF, Prompting Three Downgrades to Neutral
- Snap (SNAP) Stock Just Crashed 25% Following Earnings, Analyst Reaction Mixed
- Beyond Meat (BYND) Stock Plunges 14% After Slashing Revenue Outlook Amid a Decrease in Retail Orders
- Dollar pares losses as Powell signals bond taper
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 23, 2021 9:39 AM EDT)
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is on watch as Cowen notes that Medicaid is reinforcing to states that Biogen/Eisai’s Aduhelm (aducanumab) for Alzheimer’s disease must be a covered outpatient drug as the manufacturer has a drug rebate agreement with the program.
Cowen Washington Research Group analyst Eric Assaraf notes, "CMS is advising states they must cover Biogen/Eisai’s Aduhelm (aducanumab) under existing participation by Biogen in the Medicaid drug rebate program, but states can develop their own medical necessity criteria as part of their coverage policy."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Biogen (BIIB) PT Lowered to $375 at Cowen
- Biogen (BIIB) PT Lowered to $295 at RBC Capital
- Healius Limited (HLS:AU) (PHCRF) PT Raised to AUD5.55 at Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!