UPDATE: JetBlue Airways (JBLU) PT Lowered to $20 at Stifel, Following Weak CASM Guidance
- Wall Street closes rollercoaster week sharply lower
- China Property Titan Evergrande (EGRNF) Collapses to 11-Year Lows, Analysts Wary of Domino Effect
- Morgan Stanley Reiterates Overweight on US Steel (X) After Q3 Guidance and Deleveraging Update, Shares Down 12% Since Thursday
- Invesco (IVZ) Reportedly in Talks to Merge With State Street's (STT) Asset Management Business, Citi Sees More Cons than Pros
- FDA Votes "No" on Pfizer (PFE) Booster for 16+ Age Group, 2 Yes 16 No
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - July 28, 2021 7:29 AM EDT)
Stifel analyst Joseph W. DeNardi lowered the price target on JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU) to $20.00 (from $21.00) after the company reported adjusted 2Q EPS of -$0.65, four cents ahead of expectations on tailwinds from the renewed co-brand agreement with Barclays/Mastercard (1.5pts of revenue for 2Q, 1pt of revenue/margins for FY). Revenue guidance of down 4-9% vs. 2019 was better than expectations of down ~18% and is better than Alaska (-17-20%) and Southwest (-10-15%
July; -12-17% August). The difference is likely attributable to a combination of capacity nearing
flat to 2019 (inline with Southwest but well ahead of Alaska) and greater exposure to Latin/
Caribbean leisure markets.
The key concern for the quarter was CASMx guidance of +11-13% (3Q) and low-single digits (FY22)
vs. 2019 was materially worse than expectation for ~+4% and flattish, respectively, on
short-term headwinds from rents/landing fees/labor/maintenance/NE Alliance and longer-term
pressures from delayed E190 retirements/NE Alliance investments. the analyst maintained a a Hold rating, stating "This is challenging JetBlue's ability to return to positive EPS in the near term and is overshadowing the revenue recovery, in our view".
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Piper Sandler Upgrades The ONE Group Hospitality Inc. (STKS) to Overweight
- Subaru Corp. (7270:JP) (FUJHY) PT Lowered to JPY2,350 at Goldman Sachs
- Cie de Saint-Gobain (SGO:FP) (CODYY) PT Raised to EUR75 at Societe Generale
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Barclays, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!