UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Upgrades Levi Strauss & Co. (LEVI) to Buy
- Wall Street surges to all-time closing high on earnings, economic revival
- Was Intel's (INTC) Second Quarter a Speedbump or Inflection?
- Twitter (TWTR) Gains After Beating Q2 Estimates, Analysts Raise PTs as Brand Recovery Accelerates
- U.S. dollar on track for second week of gains; Fed meeting in focus
- Snap (SNAP) Surges 17% After Smashing Q2 Views Across the Board to Yield a Dozen Price Target Hikes
Goldman Sachs analyst Alexandria Walvis upgraded Levi Strauss & Co. (NYSE: LEVI) from Sell to Buy with a price target of $23.00 (from $11.00).
The analyst comments "Our cautious view had been predicated on headwinds within the US wholesale channel, stagnant margin expansion at both the gross and operating level with channel shift weighing on margins, and fading growth in select lines of business (e.g. Signature and Denizen). LEVI has delivered on several initiatives since the emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic (such as discretionary cost savings), and importantly the company has seen an acceleration in growth in its ecommerce business (e.g. DTC ecommerce grew 52% in the most recent quarter) which is now profitable. As we look ahead, we see an attractive risk/reward as LEVI shifts sales to the DTC channel and continues to diversify its US wholesale business to higher-growth partners, driving stronger sales, margins, and returns."
Shares of Levi Strauss & Co. closed at $20.55 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kuaishou Technology (1024:HK) PT Lowered to HK$120 at Morgan Stanley
- Freenet AG (FNTN:GR) (FRTAF) PT Lowered to EUR23.30 at HSBC
- ASR Nederland NV (ASRNL:NA) (ASRRF) PT Raised to EUR45 at HSBC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesGoldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!