UPDATE: Gilead Sciences (GILD) PT Raised to $80 at Bernstein, Upgraded to Outperform
- Wall Street ekes out gains to close languid week
- 'Faster than Porsche but Safer than Volvo': Tesla (TSLA) Begins Model S Plaid Deliveries, Priced Between $131,100 and $145,600
- Oil hits multi-year highs in third weekly gain on demand recovery
- Snowflake (SNOW) Falls Following Investor Day Despite Strong Guidance, Analysts Bullish But Say Investors May Have Wanted More
- Dollar looks stronger as euro and sterling dip
Bernstein analyst Aaron Gal raised the price target on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) to $80.00 and upgrades to Outperform (from Market Perform).
The analyst comments "Gilead has been inexpensive for the past 4-5 years on DCF metrics (>$100 vs. price of ~$65), but that gap has persisted due to a lack of material catalysts/growth drivers. We believe this is now changing. Our analysis suggests that Trodelvy and magrolimab will likely post positive pivotal results in HR+ breast cancer and AML, respectively, in 2H21. The launch of the two agents will allow top-line growth of ~6.5% in '21-24 (ex RDV), pushing growth valuation metrics (PEG, EV/EBITDA growth) to the $75-$85 range. We also expect an improved view on the stability of the HIV franchise with progress of lenacapavir and the recent Merck partnership. If anything emerges from the internal or partnership pipelines, it would be a bonus. Last, we see the company as relatively defensive relative to industry peers. Only 40% of LTM revenue will face IP losses to 2030. Further, Gilead is mid-range in terms of exposure to US government programs (22% of revenue) and its lower valuation may provide partial protection from sector devaluation as the US government acts on pricing."
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Upgrades Signet Jewelers (SIG) to Equal Weight
- Intermediate Capital Group (ICP:LN) (ICGUF) PT Raised to GBP25.60 at JPMorgan
- Virgin Money UK Plc (VUK:AU) (CBBYF) PT Raised to AUD3.40 at JPMorgan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesSanford C. Bernstein
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!