UPDATE: Facebook's (FB) IDFA Woes are a Bump in the Road to Metaverse, PT Raised to $400 at BofA Securities
- Boeing drives S&P, Dow futures higher after Omicron drubbing
- Apple (AAPL) Tells Suppliers iPhone Demand Slowing as Holidays Near - Bloomberg
- Boeing (BA) Stock Gains as China Aviation Authority Paves Way for 737 MAX Return
- Snowflake (SNOW) Stock Surges on Strong Sales and Outlook, Analysts Bulled-up
- Apple (AAPL): Wedbush Assigns a New Street-High $200 Price Target Despite Bloomberg Report Suggesting Slowing iPhone 13 Demand
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 26, 2021 6:29 AM EDT)
BofA Securities analyst Justin Post raised the price target on Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) to $400.00 (from $385.00) while maintaining a Buy rating after the company reported revenue of $29.0bn, (+35% y/y) below the Street at $29.6bn. Ad revenue growth at 32% y/y ex-FX, decelerated 19pt q/q on an 11pt tougher comp. GAAP op. income was $10.42bn vs $10.98bn due to lower revenue flow through, but EPS was ahead on lower taxes. Most importantly, monthly active users (MAUs) of 2.910bn (+6%) was slightly below Street at 2.927bn, reflecting some international market saturation.
The analyst sees this as a one off quarter, stating "Key positives for quarter are IDFA headwinds may have peaked in 3Q, FB is guiding to better-than-feared 4Q q/q growth, and, despite big investments, core business EPS may be higher-than-expected in 2022 backing out FRL investments. We updated our SOTP valuation method to account for FRL disclosure, and raise our PO to $400 based on a new 16x P/E multiple on updated core business EPS, plus cash. At the $335 AH price, we estimate that core FB is valued at 12x ‘22 core FB P/E adjusting for messaging value, cash and FRL -- a value multiple for a double-digit growth company."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Initiates Facebook (FB) at Buy
- Roth Capital Reiterates Neutral Rating After JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (JKS) Guides Down 30%
- Synopsys (SNPS) PT Raised to $370 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!