UPDATE: Extra Space Storage (EXR) PT Raised to $135 at Stifel as Shares Trade at an Unjustified Discount
- Wall St. opens lower as focus turns to tech earnings
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) Soars as Bidding War Brews After Canadian National Railway (CNI) Makes a $33.7 Billion Offer
- Analysts Positive, Raise PTs as IBM (IBM) Tops Market Estimates and Reaffirms Guidance
- Tesla (TSLA): Problems in China Mounting as Communist Party Officials Ask Company to 'Respect Chinese Consumers and Comply with Local Laws'
- Oil hits $68 on Libya force majeure despite pandemic surge
Stifel analyst Stephen Manaker raised the price target on Extra Space Storage (NYSE: EXR) to $135.00 (from $130.00) after 4Q20 Core FFO of $1.48/share beat consensus ($1.34) on higher revenue, driven by strong demand and low vacates, ($0.07/share) and higher interest income ($0.04). During the quarter, EXR acquired $147 million in selfstorage assets, sold $47 million, and added six stores (net) to its third-party management platform.
The analyst reiterated a Buy rating, stating "We expect EXR's bottom-line to grow 14.2% in 2021 and 3.7% in 2022 (assuming no acquisitions or growth in loan book for now), while the REIT sector is expected to grow 1.8% in 2020. Despite this strong growth, EXR trades at 20.0x our 2021 estimate, below the 21.4x multiple for the REIT group. And the REIT's leverage is about 0.2x below the sector average. The stock trades at just a 5.2% premium to our NAV. This means you get EXR's platform for just $824 million (or $11/square foot); a bargain in our view, given the company's ability to grow bottom-line earnings through traditional and non-traditional means".
You May Also Be Interested In
- CN (CNI) Confirms 'Superior' $325/Share Bid for Kansas City Southern (KSU)
- IAMGOLD Corp (IMG:CN) (IAG) PT Lowered to Cdn$7.25 at Stifel Canada
- New Residential Investment (NRZ) PT Raised to $13.50 at Piper Sandler
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!