UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Upgrades McAfee Corp. (MCFE) to Buy; Better than Expected Health that Will Continue to Outperform
- U.S. stocks close down on news of Biden tax proposal
- Biden To Propose Capital Gains Tax As High As 43.4% For Wealthy - Bloomberg
- Intel (INTC) Tops Q1 EPS by 24c, Offers Guidance
- Snap (SNAP) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c, DAUs were 280 million, Offers Guidance
- Credit Suisse (CS) Falls 6% on 'Unacceptable Loss' as Exposure to Archegos Grew to More Than $20 Billion, Set to Raise Over $2 Billion to Support Liquidity
Deutsche Bank analyst Patrick Colville upgraded McAfee Corp. (NASDAQ: MCFE) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $23.50 (from $20.50).
The analyst commented, "McAfee’s best-in-class consumer security franchise looks to be in better health than even we thought, with revenue accelerating to 23% in 4Q. We expect this division to continue to outperform expectations as PC shipments remain buoyant, critical/confidential activities are increasingly performed online, and average revenue per customer rises. We lift our FY21 consumer security forecast by 1ppt to 14%. McAfee’s enterprise business also surprised to the upside in 4Q, due to one-time tailwinds from sales of non-core products. We continue to be cautious about prospects here based on moribund billings trends and lackluster reseller commentary. However, CEO Peter Leav’s commentary at the Goldman Sachs Conference on Jan 12, 2021 suggests McAfee is open to separating this business. We think a potential spin-off could unlock 20% upside for shareholders, due to the conglomerate discount many (including us) apply to the combined entity."
Shares of McAfee Corp. closed at $19.45 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades EnLink Midstream, LLC (ENLC) to Buy
- UPDATE: Wolfe Research Starts Paylocity Holding (PCTY) at Peerperform
- UPDATE: Wolfe Research Starts Oracle (ORCL) at Peerperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!