UPDATE: Deutsche Bank Upgrades KLA Corporation (KLAC) to Buy
- Nasdaq, S&P 500, set records as jobless claims decline
- Moderna (MRNA) Tops Q2 Street Estimates, Nabs $4.2 Billion from 199 Million Sold Vaccines That Yielded 93% Efficacy Through Six Months
- Oil rises over 1% as Mideast tensions face virus concerns
- Penn National Gaming (PENN) 'Scores' with $2 Billion Deal to Acquire theScore (SCR), Seen as 'Highly Strategic'
- Uber (UBER) Beats Estimates As Higher Labor Spend Drags on Profitability, Analysts Lower PTs but Remain Bullish
Deutsche Bank analyst Sidney Ho upgraded KLA Corporation (NASDAQ: KLAC) from Hold to Buy with a price target of $375.00.
The analyst comments "While headlines for semicap equipment spending have continued to improve in the past few months, KLAC's stock price has meaningfully underperformed its large cap semicap peers during this period (2Q QTD return for KLAC of -5% vs. peer group +5%) despite capex strength coming from foundry/logic where KLAC is overexposed. Currently, KLAC is one of the most reasonably valued stocks (along with AMAT) among large cap peers trading at ~17x our CY22E EPS. While valuation multiples for the group have compressed since the end of 1Q as investors seem to be cautious on capex reaching a cyclical peak in CY22, KLAC has seen its multiple compress more than its peers, which we also think is unjustified."
Shares of KLA Corporation closed at $313.80 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Downgrades Karyopharm Therapeutics (KPTI) to Sector Perform
- UPDATE: RBC Capital Upgrades Rayonier Advanced Materials (RYAM) to Outperform
- Canaccord Genuity Upgrades BCE Inc. (BCE:CN) (BCE) to Buy, Following Earnings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!