UPDATE: Despite Upside, Morgan Stanley Doubles Down on Palantir Technologies Inc. (PLTR) Underweight, PT Raised to $19
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Morgan Stanley analyst Keith Weiss raised the price target on Palantir Technologies Inc. (NYSE: PLTR) to $19.00 (from $17.00) while maintaining a Underweight rating after the company saw big expansion of existing customers, huge leverage in op margins and sowed seeds for future distribution capability. That said, with opex down >20% YoY, the analyst is waiting to see evidence of effective investment behind this opportunity to support growth and the lofty valuation.
The analyst stated "Palantir's results in FY20 and Q4 show a platform capable of building those connections and high value applications, as evidenced through an average deal size of $7.9 million per customer per year, an average deal size of $33 million per customer per year for their top 20 customers, and a 50% YoY increase in the number of customers >$10 million in annual spend. However, this is where the data gets tricky to understand: 1) despite the number of >$10 million customers being up 50% YoY, total customer count for Palantir barely budged in FY20 (we estimate 139 total customers versus ~135 ending FY19), 2) despite a long-term (CY25) target of >$4 billion in revenues and the resulting implied 30% 5-year CAGR, investment into the opportunity seems limited, as adjusted opex growth for the quarter was down 29% YoY and down 20% YoY for FY20, and 3) the
right underlying growth rate is a bit of a head scratcher too – revenue growth (which most software investors expect to be somewhat smooth) fell from 52% YoY in Q3 to 40% in Q4, and is expected to bounce back to 45% in Q1, but slows to >30% for the full year 2021."
You May Also Be Interested In
- Siemens AG (SIE:GR) (SIEGY) PT Raised to EUR170 at Jefferies
- Mineral Resources Limited (MIN:AU) (MALRF) PT Lowered to AUD32 at Morgan Stanley
- Localiza Rent a Car S.A. (RENT3:BZ) (LZRFY) PT Lowered to R$67 at Morgan Stanley
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!