UPDATE: Credit Suisse Lays Out Framework for Possible Upgrade, Airbnb Inc. (ABNB) PT Raised to $162
- Wall Street ends week positively; S&P 500, Dow hit record highs
- Bitcoin (BTC) Drops 3% as Turkey Bans Cryptocurrency Payments Citing Lack of Regulatory Supervision
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Archegos-Related Loss Appears to be $911M
- Dollar at 4-week low on retreating Treasury yields
- J&J (JNJ) Privately Asked Rival Covid-19 Vaccine Makers to Inspect Clotting Risks, AstraZeneca (AZN) Said Yes but Pfizer (PFE) and Moderna (MRNA) Declined - Report
Credit Suisse analyst Stephen Ju raised the price target on Airbnb Inc. (NASDAQ: ABNB) to $162.00 (from $156.00) after the company posted strong results in its inaugural earnings report as a public company with Nights & Experiences/GBV ~24%/~20% higher than expected from strength in North America, domestic, non-urban travel, and long term stays. Management outlined a product development/marketing investment cycle designed around: simplifying the supply onboarding process, building awareness for alternative accommodations as the preferred method of travel, simplifying the Guest experience, and lowering customer contact rates through platform improvements.
The analyst reiterated a Neutral rating, laying out a framework to get more positive on the stock. He stated "Our price target increases to $162 versus prior $156 given the aforementioned near term estimates changes as well as some updates to working capital, and we maintain our Neutral rating primarily on valuation. Circumstances which could push us to take a more constructive stance on ABNB shares include the following: 1) faster than expected substitution effect from traditional hotels to alternative accommodations for the travel industry as a whole, 2) faster or meaningful share gains within the alternative accommodations category, 3) optionality from rising monetization through payments and/or advertising".
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades L'Oreal SA (OR:FP) (LRLCY) to Conviction Buy
- Seven Group Holdings Limited (SVW:AU) (SVNWF) PT Raised to AUD27.50 at Credit Suisse
- First Financial Holding Co Ltd (2892:TT) PT Raised to TWD18.16 at Goldman Sachs
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!